Thanet Planning Committee is considering a proposal from our favourite arms company to shift production to a site inside Manston airport. If the proposal goes ahead, Instro intends to churn out nearly double the bits and pieces they sell to murderous regimes for ‘targetting’. For Instro-Elbit’s clients, targets are human beings. Once they’ve been targetted, they’re pretty much dust.
So we want to stop them. The window for influencing the Planning Committee’s decision is tight: they’re meeting again on the 21st October, and may take the decision then.
Here’s what you can do to help:
1. Please send letters to Thanet Councillors expressing your strong concern about the proposed move. You can use the letter at this page if you don’t have time to write your own.
– Email addresses for Councillors can be found at the end of this message.
– If you’re in the Thanet area, you can use the writetothem website. You can also look up your own Councillor if you’re in the Thanet area at this page. Planning Committee members are listed at this page
** It would be helpful if you could let us know if you write to Councillors. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org **
2. Please send letters to Thanet Gazette. Use your own words if possible (or adapt the attached letter to Councillors). Email the editor at Kathy.bailes@KRNmedia.co.uk and mark it letter for publication. Or submit a message for the online verision at http://www.thanetgazette.co.uk/Thanet-Letters-Views/story-19887439-detail/story.html
3. Spread the word on social media. We’ll be tweeting from @caatek or see our FB page at https://www.facebook.com/ekcaat
4. Come along to the Demo on the Sunday 11th October at 12.0.
Location: Spitfire Way (B2190). Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zj_mm7CNsXM0.kfB-9OFpu2-c&usp=sharing
We’ll be trying to arrange transport from local stations (probably Ramsgate, possibly Canterbury) so let us know if you need that. The protest will be short and sharp, so won’t take much time out of your day. It would be nice to have a good turnout. Please bring placards, drums, whistles, or other noisy things.
Facebook event for the Demo is here
** NB This action is really important. If we can delay or stop this move, it will send a strong message to Instro, Elbit and other arms companies (quite apart from messing up their production process). We need to act quickly. **
email addresses of Councillors on the Planning Committee:
Email addresses of other Councillors
Note that at the last meeting, a number of Councillors spoke who were not on the Committee.